The Nigeria Drupal User Group successfully held it's first major meetup at Shopright Ikeja after weeks of planning. The group was able to pull off the elusive meetup after month or years of talks with little action.
The meetup was declared a huge success as a lot key decisions where made as well as trustworthy commitments made towards seeing these decision yeild fruits.
The one major decision from the meetup was the unanimous agreement to finally hold a DrupalCamp this year. A tentative date was picked and prelimiary plans were made.
The key objectives of the group was formalized. The outline is as follows:
These can also be seen as the objectives and goals (long and short term) of the group, and what members can benefit from group.
- Growth of Drupal in Nigeria: Events and Publicity needed to achieve this.
- Collaboration on Projects: Fee and/or Pro-Bono. Bidding or working as a group for/on projects
- Personal Help
- Mutual learning and sharing.
- Operating as a Drupal practitioner in Nigeria: Challenges, individual processes, strengths. (This feeds into point #4 above)
- Contributing to the Drupal Community (The Nigeria group can take on a project either to make an impact nationally, or write a relevant Drupal module)
- Flowing from #1 above, have a flagship/signature event in November.
It was also resolved to have regular (monthly or quarterly) meetings. Volunteers were also sought to occupy 3 or 4 key positions within the group and at least 4 people responded.